Asphalt Operating Services received a "Safety in Excellence Award" from International Liquid Terminal Association.
On June 9, ILTA recognized fourteen companies for their outstanding safety performance records in 2008. Two categories of awards were presented. Winners were selected based on their total reportable incident records as reported to the Occupational Health & Safety Administration and based on their responses to a questionnaire designed by ILTA's Safety Award Program Committee.
The 2009 Safety Excellence Award winners include:
- Asphalt Operating Services, LLC
- Buckeye Terminals, LLC
- CITGO Petroleum Corporation
- Flint Hills Resources, LP
- Hess Corporation
- Houston Fuel Oil Terminal Company
- Intercontinental Terminals Company
- International Raw Materials, Ltd.
- JIT Chemical Corporation
- Marathon Petroleum Company LLC
- Motiva Enterprises - New Jersey Complex
- Petro-Diamond Terminal Company
The 2009 Platinum Safety Award winners include:
- NuStar Energy L.P. (large terminal award)
- Western Refining Company (small terminal award)
Photo Caption:Five ILTA members were awarded the 2009 Safety Excellence Award for small companies. Winners were determined on the merits of their reported safety data. Each company achieved a safety record of not more than 1 injury per 100 workers in 2008. Pictured are (left to right): Kenneth Inskeep, International Raw Materials, Ltd.; Joe Shotwell, Asphalt Operating Services, LLC; Paul Roubieu, Houston Fuel Oil Terminal Company; John Bennett, JIT Chemical Corporation; Eric Conard, Petro-Diamond Terminal Company.